Ivette Delgado cooks at home to take Golden Gloves title
After two wins in as many days, the iron lady has her gold.
Ivette Delgado (Yonkers YMCA) was one of five Daily News Golden Gloves champions to be crowned on Wednesday night at Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway.
The 112-pounder overpowered Katherine Kim (Mendez BC) with a consistent jab and a deadly right hook. Delgado, from Yonkers, was proud to win her first Gloves in her hometown, especially after being a runner-up in 2012.
“I knew this fight had to be mine,” said Delgado, the P.C. Richard and Son Boxer of the Night. “I had to step it up a notch tonight and that’s exactly what I... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...