J.D. Martinez ties 68-year-old home-run record
J.D. Martinez hit another home run on Wednesday for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
That's hardly news anymore - he's hit 29 for the Diamondbacks since he joined the team - and has 45 so far this year, counting his total with the Detroit Tigers.
But it's significant because Martinez tied the National League record for home runs in the month of September with 16.
The record was previously set in 1949 by Ralph Kiner.
Martinez's home run cut the Diamondbacks deficit to 3-2 against the San Francisco Giants in the ninth inning. The Diamondbacks rallied to win after a walk-off walk, beating the Giants... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional