Jailed Brooklyn con man fights foreclosure on mess of $1.8 million home
This fraudster has a thing for the big house.
Convicted felon Mayer Goldberger, 50, took a timeout from his work release program to fight the foreclosure of a half-built mansion owned by his mother.
The building, a hulking monstrosity at 1670 42nd St. in Borough Park, has been plaguing neighbors since construction began 10 years ago, but now it will be auctioned on Thursday.
Neighbors have filed nearly 50 complaints with the city since 2004, and the Department of Buildings halted the construction in 2008. Among the problems with the 10,000-square-foot structure was a fourth floor that... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'