James Beard Foundation nominates 4 La chefs
NEW ORLEANS -- The James Beard Foundation has revealed the nominees for its culinary and journalism awards.
And, as in years past, New Orleans was well represented.
NOLA.com ' The Times-Picayune reports (http://bit.ly/1ifrFpr ) Justin Devillier of La Petite Grocery, Ryan Prewitt of Peche Seafood Grill, Alon Shaya of Domenica and Sue Zemanick of Gautreau's and Ivy captured four of the five slots in the category "Best Chef: South," which covers Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Arkansas and Puerto Rico.
Shaya, Devillier and Zemanick were nominated in the same category last... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches