Jeff Seidel: Signing Jose Valverde makes sense for Tigers -- really
This is not a panic move. Seriously. The Detroit Tigers only have lost one game. HIDE YOUR CHILDREN, THE SKY IS FALLING! This is the right thing to do. It's a smart business decision. The Tigers have signed former closer Jose Valverde to a minor league contract. Which makes total sense. It's an insurance policy, in case Bruce Rondon is unable to close this year. Whoops. Oh, my goodness. Look at that. Rondon isn't with the Tigers. He didn't even make the team. WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE! No. Seriously. This is just an insurance policy, in case this whole closer-by-committee thing doesn't work.... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely