Jeffrey Payne declines to endorse in Dem gov runoff
AUSTIN -- Dallas businessman Jeffrey Payne, whose campaign for governor ended Tuesday when he failed to make a May 22 runoff, announced Friday that he will not endorse either of the two remaining candidates.
Supporters of both Lupe Valdez, the former Dallas County sheriff, and Houston entrepreneur Andrew White had reportedly been hoping that Payne -- who had developed name ID in campaigning across the state since last summer -- would endorse their candidate.
Payne came in fifth out of nine candidates in the race.
Payne explained his decision this way:
Recommended Video: Now Playing: Greek... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House