Jessica Kooreman: Taking the short track to speed skating stardom
As a short-track Olympic speed skater, Jessica Kooreman is quick on the ice, but she wasn't always so speedy.
As a young girl, Kooreman took up inline speedskating because her mother wanted her to improve her coordination and balance. And improve, she did.
At age 12, Kooreman made the United States' Junior World Inline Championships Team, winning 15 gold medals at the junior level before moving up to senior level at age 16. By 2007, she had collected 16 senior World Championships gold medals.
Her ultimate goal was to win an Olympic medal. Inline speedskating isn't an official Olympic sport,... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...