Jessica Kooreman: Taking the short track to speed skating stardom
As a short-track Olympic speed skater, Jessica Kooreman is quick on the ice, but she wasn't always so speedy.
As a young girl, Kooreman took up inline speedskating because her mother wanted her to improve her coordination and balance. And improve, she did.
At age 12, Kooreman made the United States' Junior World Inline Championships Team, winning 15 gold medals at the junior level before moving up to senior level at age 16. By 2007, she had collected 16 senior World Championships gold medals.
Her ultimate goal was to win an Olympic medal. Inline speedskating isn't an official Olympic sport,... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...