Jim Carrey: Ex-girlfriend's family 'motivated by greed'
Jim Carrey has broken his silence following two weeks of heavily publicized attacks by his late ex-girlfriend’s family, saying Cathriona White’s mom and widower are just “seeking to cash out” on her tragic suicide.
Brigid Sweetman and White’s estranged husband, Mark Burton, have both filed wrongful death suits against the actor, which he trashed Tuesday in court documents as “shakedown lawsuits based on categorical lies concocted by Sweetman in collaboration with White’s ‘green card’ husband.”
“They are driven by greed,” Carrey writes in a motion, asking the Los Angeles Superior Court to... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...