Jim Carrey: Ex-girlfriend's family 'motivated by greed'
Jim Carrey has broken his silence following two weeks of heavily publicized attacks by his late ex-girlfriend’s family, saying Cathriona White’s mom and widower are just “seeking to cash out” on her tragic suicide.
Brigid Sweetman and White’s estranged husband, Mark Burton, have both filed wrongful death suits against the actor, which he trashed Tuesday in court documents as “shakedown lawsuits based on categorical lies concocted by Sweetman in collaboration with White’s ‘green card’ husband.”
“They are driven by greed,” Carrey writes in a motion, asking the Los Angeles Superior Court to... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...