Jim Carrey fights back against lawsuits in personal account of ex-girlfriend's suicide
Jim Carrey is pushing back against two lawsuits accusing him of complicity in his ex-girlfriend's suicide.In a lengthy declaration filed in court, Carrey gave a detailed account of his relationship with Cathriona White, who died of an overdose in September 2015. He also attacked White's mother, Brigid Sweetman, and White's estranged husband, Mark Burton, who have accused Carrey of supplying White with the painkillers she used to end her life.
Carrey's attorneys are seeking to put the litigation on hold until Sweetman posts a $372,700 bond, which they contend will be necessary to cover... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House