Jodi Arias prosecutor manipulated women to get juror info, complaint alleges
CLOSE The Maricopa County prosecutor was already legendary in legal circles when he was appointed to the Jodi Arias murder case. Thomas Hawthorne/azcentral.com
Attorneys for convicted killer Jodi Arias have asked the State Bar of Arizona to reinstate a bar complaint against prosecutor Juan Martinez, saying there is overwhelming evidence that he violated attorney-ethics rules during Arias’ 2015 trial.
The 37-page objection to the complaint’s dismissal was filed Friday.
The appeal contends that Martinez leaked confidential information about the case and its jurors to two women attending the... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died