Joe Gilmartin, ex-Suns analyst, and Phoenix Gazette columnist, dies at 88
Joe Gilmartin, a longtime sports columnist for the Phoenix Gazette and a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, died Tuesday. He was 88.
Gilmartin joined the Gazette, which was an afternoon paper in the Valley, in 1962 after working in Wichita, Kansas. He became sports editor of the paper in 1963 and was the paper's main sports columnist until 1996.
Gilmartin was named Arizona Sportswriter of the year a record 16 times.
He was best known for his coverage of the Phoenix Suns. He wrote a book - “The Little Team That Could … And Darn Near Did,” - about the 1975-76 Suns team... read more
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...