Joe Ortiz following Larry Fetkenhier to lead Cactus into new football era
Joe Ortiz knows something about loyalty, so he looks forward to making sure the Glendale Cactus football program continues to maintain a strong tradition under his guidance.
Ortiz, who has spent the past 10 years coaching under Eddy Zubey at Gilbert Higley and Phoenix St. Mary's, says he will be leading Cactus, a school with a rich tradition for more than 30 years under Larry Fetkenhier.
Fetkenhier resigned during the Christmas break when the school decided to go in another direction.
Ortiz, the offensive coordinator for a Higley team that generated huge numbers the past few years,... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals