John Goodman captivating as crazed survivalist in ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’
NEW YORK — If you’ve seen the trailer for Friday’s “10 Cloverfield Lane,” you know John Goodman’s Howard Stambler is a survivalist who keeps a young woman (Mary Elizabeth Winstead, “Mercy Street”) named Michelle captive in his underground bunker.
“He comes from ‘Looney Tunes,’” Goodman, 63, acknowledged about his wildly unpredictable character.
“It was different — that was the first thing that hit me when I first read (the script),” he continued. “It was interesting. And a page-turner, which is always a good sign. It’s like reading a good book. You want to see what is going to happen... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...