John Goodman captivating as crazed survivalist in ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’
NEW YORK — If you’ve seen the trailer for Friday’s “10 Cloverfield Lane,” you know John Goodman’s Howard Stambler is a survivalist who keeps a young woman (Mary Elizabeth Winstead, “Mercy Street”) named Michelle captive in his underground bunker.
“He comes from ‘Looney Tunes,’” Goodman, 63, acknowledged about his wildly unpredictable character.
“It was different — that was the first thing that hit me when I first read (the script),” he continued. “It was interesting. And a page-turner, which is always a good sign. It’s like reading a good book. You want to see what is going to happen... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...