John Zucco, former football coach at Bagdad and Tempe high schools, dies at 92
News that John Zucco died on Saturday at the age of 92 hit Frank Castro pretty hard.
Not long into a conversation about his 1952 six-man state championship Bagdad High football team - with Zucco coaching and Castro at defensive end - Castro has trouble keeping his composure, breaking down in tears.
Over the next few decades, if they'd run into each other in Tempe, they'd hug and move on, not many words exchanged. But they never needed long conversations to catch up. They were connected by that magical '52 season.
"I was the only Mexican on the team," said Castro, who would later... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates