Joie Chitwood on Phoenix ISM Raceway rebuild, NASCAR fans
In motorsports entertainment history, the name Chitwood holds a place of honor alongside those of Petty, Andretti and Allison.
Joie Chitwood, who three times finished fifth in the Indianapolis 500 between 1940-50, founded the famed family thrill show which bore his name and traveled the country. He and son Joie Jr. did movie stunts and test-crashed into guardrails to improve highway safety.
Joie Chitwood III joined the show at age 5 and then began a career in racetrack management. He's one of only two men to be president of both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Daytona International... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...