Jon Niese may pitch third or fourth Mets game
PORT ST. LUCIE — For the second time this spring, a highly relieved Jon Niese returned from an MRI in New York, ready to resume his season.
The lefty exited Sunday’s game with elbow discomfort, and he was examined in New York by team doctors David Altchek and Struan Coleman, who diagnosed him with inflammation and found no structural damage.
Niese expects to begin throwing again on Wednesday.
RELATED: SYNDERGAARD SENT DOWN BY METS
“I feel like that piece of paper that you stick up on a dart board, and the guy is throwing the knife at it,” a smiling Niese said on Tuesday. “Luckily for me,... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...