Jon Niese may pitch third or fourth Mets game
PORT ST. LUCIE — For the second time this spring, a highly relieved Jon Niese returned from an MRI in New York, ready to resume his season.
The lefty exited Sunday’s game with elbow discomfort, and he was examined in New York by team doctors David Altchek and Struan Coleman, who diagnosed him with inflammation and found no structural damage.
Niese expects to begin throwing again on Wednesday.
RELATED: SYNDERGAARD SENT DOWN BY METS
“I feel like that piece of paper that you stick up on a dart board, and the guy is throwing the knife at it,” a smiling Niese said on Tuesday. “Luckily for me,... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold