Jones gets farewell from Mets fans, Braves win
NEW YORK -- Chipper Jones and the Braves got the better of the Mets one more time.
Brian McCann homered and drove in the go-ahead run in extra innings to give Atlanta a 3-2 win over the Mets on Sunday in Chipper Jones' final game in New York.
Jones did not start, but manager Fredi Gonzalez sent him out with the lineup card before the game and the retiring Braves star got a warm hand from Mets fans. Then the umpires got in on the lovefest, posing for a picture with the slugger.
Jones walked as a pinch runner in the ninth inning and left for a pinch runner. As he walked to the dugout, Mets... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs