Joshua Brittain steps down as Tempe Prep football coach to join dad at St. Mary's
A strong family bond has Joshua Brittain feeling the need to be back with his father on the sidelines as he tries to resurrect Phoenix St. Mary's football program.
Joshua resigned his post as head football coach at Tempe Prep, where his father began the program at the charter school 17 years ago, to join his dad, Tommy, at St. Mary's.
Tempe Prep made history in 2014 - with Joshua as offensive coordinator and Tommy as head coach - when the Knights became the first charter school to reach an Arizona Interscholastic Association state football championship game.
Joshua took over his dad's... read more
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list