Judge issues order temporarily protecting Chinese Cultural Center elements
A temporary restraining order issued Wednesday will prohibit the Phoenix Chinese Cultural Center's new owners from removing two of the property's key "heritage" elements for at least five weeks.
The order, signed by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Randall Warner, protects the center's green and gold glazed-tile roofing and its traditional Chinese-garden statues from demolition until Nov. 3.
"The consequence of granting a TRO (temporary restraining order) will be a short delay in construction," Warner wrote. The "consequence of denying a TRO could be the... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...