Judge issues order temporarily protecting Chinese Cultural Center elements
A temporary restraining order issued Wednesday will prohibit the Phoenix Chinese Cultural Center's new owners from removing two of the property's key "heritage" elements for at least five weeks.
The order, signed by Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Randall Warner, protects the center's green and gold glazed-tile roofing and its traditional Chinese-garden statues from demolition until Nov. 3.
"The consequence of granting a TRO (temporary restraining order) will be a short delay in construction," Warner wrote. The "consequence of denying a TRO could be the... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold