Judge rules Hubbard juror misconduct claim failed to show prejudice
Lee County Circuit Judge Jacob Walker on Tuesday ruled that claims of juror misconduct by former House Speaker Mike Hubbard failed to show that the jury was prejudiced against Hubbard.
After Hubbard was convicted in June, his lawyers filed an affidavit from a juror who claimed to have heard comments from other jurors during the trial showing a bias against Hubbard.
Hubbard's lawyers called for an investigation by the Lee County Sheriff's Department into the allegations and included the juror misconduct claims in a request to Walker for a new trial.
Walker denied the request for a new trial... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:44 Bickley: Time for NCAA Tournament to expand the brackets
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown