Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
FORT WORTH — Former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro isn’t about to turn down the heat on President Donald Trump, even as the White House backs down from a policy of separating families at the Texas border.
“He hasn’t done anything,” Castro said during a stop at the Texas Democratic Convention. “That executive order did nothing for the 2,342 children that have already been separated from their families.”
Castro, who has said he’s considering running for president in 2020, canceled a planned trip to Iowa this weekend to instead visit a temporary shelter for undocumented children in Tornillo.... read more
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...