Julie Taymor out as 'Spider-Man' director as producers temporarily shut down Broadway musical
Producers of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" are planning to temporarily shut down the troubled musical for a major overhaul, but the show will go on without star director Julie Taymor, the Daily News has learned.
Taymor, 58, has walked away from the show she co-wrote and worked relentlessly to bring to Broadway, a source close to the production said Tuesday night.
"Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The News.
Producers of the beleaguered $65 million play plan to shut down preview performances for two to three weeks to retool and hold new... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...