Julie Taymor out as 'Spider-Man' director as producers temporarily shut down Broadway musical
Producers of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" are planning to temporarily shut down the troubled musical for a major overhaul, but the show will go on without star director Julie Taymor, the Daily News has learned.
Taymor, 58, has walked away from the show she co-wrote and worked relentlessly to bring to Broadway, a source close to the production said Tuesday night.
"Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The News.
Producers of the beleaguered $65 million play plan to shut down preview performances for two to three weeks to retool and hold new... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia