Jury takes 15 min to convict sicko body chopper Sergey Mamonov
It took a Brooklyn jury only 15 minutes Thursday to convict a twisted carpenter who admitted to chopping up his roommate's remains into a thousand tiny pieces so they could be stuffed inside bleach bottles.
"I'm going to see a shrink right now," a shaken 62-year-old juror told the Daily News after the panel found Sergey Mamonov guilty of murder.
"It was just torture," the retired woman said of seeing the graphic and gruesome evidence at trial. "I didn't sleep at all last night."
Prosecutors charged that Mamonov, 50, killed Aleksandr Zilbergleyt, 55, on March... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance