Just Cool Cars: This '51 Chevrolet pickup celebrates rust
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE USA TODAY's Chris Woodyard searches Southern California for interesting, unusual and cool rides. At a car show in Huntington Beach he discovered an old rusted out pickup truck. Or is it?
HUNTINGTON BEACH -- Many motorists recoil at the sight of a spot of rust blemishing the metal skin of a beloved car.
Not David Lewis. For him, rust not only never sleeps, it throws a party.
Lewis finds the creeping brown stuff so interesting that he not only left the rusty spots in place on his 1951 Chevrolet pickup, but he used his artistic talents to create faux finish... read more
- 20:39 More than a meal: Corner in downtown Phoenix turns into place of...
- 19:28 Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
- 19:28 Republican push tax plan hard, but voters seem uninterested
- 19:28 AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
- 18:34 Detroit Lions look like fried turkeys against Minnesota Vikings
- 18:34 Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and...
- 18:34 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...
- 17:43 Thanksgiving Day temperature climbs to 87 degrees, tying all-time...
- 17:14 Coyotes will be without goalie Antti Raanta for at least the next...
- 16:27 Civilian Phoenix police assistants to start handling some patrol calls