Just Cool Cars: This '51 Chevrolet pickup celebrates rust
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE USA TODAY's Chris Woodyard searches Southern California for interesting, unusual and cool rides. At a car show in Huntington Beach he discovered an old rusted out pickup truck. Or is it?
HUNTINGTON BEACH -- Many motorists recoil at the sight of a spot of rust blemishing the metal skin of a beloved car.
Not David Lewis. For him, rust not only never sleeps, it throws a party.
Lewis finds the creeping brown stuff so interesting that he not only left the rusty spots in place on his 1951 Chevrolet pickup, but he used his artistic talents to create faux finish... read more
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter
- 05:05 Trump: Liberation from 'Obamacare nightmare' is close
- 04:30 Parents, former Scouts alarmed by Trump's speech at jamboree