Kan. congressman scrutinized for basketball raffle
TOPEKA, Kan. -- Kansas congressman Tim Huelskamp has revised his plans for raffling off tickets to men's college basketball games for small campaign contributions because of legal questions.
Huelskamp announced Tuesday he's no longer requiring a donation of at least $10 for a chance to win four tickets to NCAA men's tournament games this week in St. Louis. Kansas, Kansas State and Wichita State will play.
The Republican congressman opened the raffle Monday in an email to supporters, saying they could make donations until Wednesday morning.
But Douglas County District Attorney Charles... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely