Kari Lehtonen gets the start in Pittsburgh, but no matter who's in team defense needs to get better
PITTSBURGH — Stars coach Lindy Ruff would not name his starting goalie before Tuesday night’s game against Pittsburgh, but when Kari Lehtonen led his team out onto the Consol Energy Center ice, there was little doubt.
Lehtonen returned Tuesday to make his first start since March 8, when he suffered a concussion in a collision with Minnesota’s Erik Haula.
The Stars sent goalie Christopher Nilstorp back to their AHL affiliate in Austin on Monday, which Ruff did confirm meant Lehtonen was at least on the verge of returning to action.
“We sent our young guy back down, and [Lehtonen]’s getting a... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing