Kari Lehtonen gets the start in Pittsburgh, but team defense needs to get better no matter who's in net
PITTSBURGH — Stars coach Lindy Ruff would not name his starting goalie before Tuesday night’s game against Pittsburgh, but when Kari Lehtonen led his team out onto the Consol Energy Center ice, there was little doubt.
Lehtonen returned Tuesday to make his first start since March 8, when he suffered a concussion in a collision with Minnesota’s Erik Haula.
The Stars sent goalie Christopher Nilstorp back to their AHL affiliate in Austin on Monday, which Ruff did confirm meant Lehtonen was at least on the verge of returning to action.
“We sent our young guy back down, and [Lehtonen]’s getting a... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case