Karla Ritchey: Painting a new picture for the second half of life
In 2011, within just a few months, Karla Ritchey remarried, retired from a 29-year career in teaching, and started a new business. Today Ritchey, 63, owns and operates three Lady Butterbug stores in Grapevine, Plano and McKinney, distributors of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, a proprietary decorative paint that works on furniture, fabrics, walls, ceilings and floors.
How’d you get into this business?
We picked up a couple of cans of Chalk Paint and I loved it. Right away I decided to become a “stockist” — that’s what the company, which is based in the United Kingdom, calls its distributors. I... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...