Karla Ritchey: Painting a new picture for the second half of life
In 2011, within just a few months, Karla Ritchey remarried, retired from a 29-year career in teaching, and started a new business. Today Ritchey, 63, owns and operates three Lady Butterbug stores in Grapevine, Plano and McKinney, distributors of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, a proprietary decorative paint that works on furniture, fabrics, walls, ceilings and floors.
How’d you get into this business?
We picked up a couple of cans of Chalk Paint and I loved it. Right away I decided to become a “stockist” — that’s what the company, which is based in the United Kingdom, calls its distributors. I... read more
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe