Kerrigan-Harding incident had seeds planted in Phoenix
This story first ran in the Arizona Republic on Feb. 2, 2014, in advance of the Sochi Olympics. The film I, Tonya about Harding's life now is in theaters.
The 2018 Winter Olympics are Feb. 9-25 in PyeongChang, South Korea.
There is a bit of history between Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding, and everyone old enough to know that Gillooly is not an Australian Aboriginal musical instrument knows much of it.
But before the "Why me?" U.S. Figure Skating Championships leading to the "Wounded Knee" Winter Olympics, driving the sport to unprecedented television ratings 20 years... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals