Key conservative group Empower Texans loses 17 races in primary election
AUSTIN — One of the wealthiest tea party-aligned establishments trying to influence Texas politics fell flat in this week's primary election, losing half of the races it invested time or money in.
Empower Texans endorsed 34 candidates who ran in the March 6 Republican primary election. Of those, 13 won, 17 lost and four will continue on to a runoff election in May.
One of their biggest wins was unseating Republican Rep. Jason Villalba, a moderate from Dalls who has also attracted the ire of Texans for Vaccine Choice, a grassroots group that fights against mandatory child vaccines.
Another... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler