Key Texas issues get attention in President Trump's first State of the Union
WASHINGTON – From immigration and border security to infrastructure and disaster response, President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address hit a host of hot-button issues that were felt deep in the heart of Texas.
Even as Trump called for unity, the symbolic centerpiece of his speech was the renewed call for a "great wall" along the Mexican border, the central barrier to deal on immigration and "Dreamers" – the children of illegal immigrants who the president acknowledges find themselves in the country through no fault of their own.
"The first pillar of... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...