Key Texas issues get attention in President Trump's first State of the Union
WASHINGTON – From immigration and border security to infrastructure and disaster response, President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address hit a host of hot-button issues that were felt deep in the heart of Texas.
Even as Trump called for unity, the symbolic centerpiece of his speech was the renewed call for a "great wall" along the Mexican border, the central barrier to deal on immigration and "Dreamers" – the children of illegal immigrants who the president acknowledges find themselves in the country through no fault of their own.
"The first pillar of... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...