Kidnapped 10-year-old boy found safe after Avondale vehicle theft; suspect sought
A 10-year-old boy was found safe on Tuesday after a woman stole his father's BMW while the child still was in the back seat, Avondale police said.
Officers responded to a kidnapping call in the 200 block of South Third Street in Avondale just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
A man told officers his 2001 BMW had been taken without his permission by a woman he knew while his son was in the back seat, police said. The boy has a serious medical condition, police said.
The vehicle later was found disabled near 32nd and Van Buren streets in Phoenix with the 10-year-old safe inside, police said.
Avondale... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree