Kidnapped 10-year-old boy found safe after Avondale vehicle theft; suspect sought
A 10-year-old boy was found safe on Tuesday after a woman stole his father's BMW while the child still was in the back seat, Avondale police said.
Officers responded to a kidnapping call in the 200 block of South Third Street in Avondale just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
A man told officers his 2001 BMW had been taken without his permission by a woman he knew while his son was in the back seat, police said. The boy has a serious medical condition, police said.
The vehicle later was found disabled near 32nd and Van Buren streets in Phoenix with the 10-year-old safe inside, police said.
Avondale... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103
- 16:24 Trump to invite France's Macron for first state visit