Kidnapped 10-year-old boy found safe after Avondale vehicle theft; suspect sought
A 10-year-old boy was found safe on Tuesday after a woman stole his father's BMW while the child still was in the back seat, Avondale police said.
Officers responded to a kidnapping call in the 200 block of South Third Street in Avondale just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
A man told officers his 2001 BMW had been taken without his permission by a woman he knew while his son was in the back seat, police said. The boy has a serious medical condition, police said.
The vehicle later was found disabled near 32nd and Van Buren streets in Phoenix with the 10-year-old safe inside, police said.
Avondale... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...