Kidnapped 10-year-old boy found safe after Avondale vehicle theft; suspect sought
A 10-year-old boy was found safe on Tuesday after a woman stole his father's BMW while the child still was in the back seat, Avondale police said.
Officers responded to a kidnapping call in the 200 block of South Third Street in Avondale just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
A man told officers his 2001 BMW had been taken without his permission by a woman he knew while his son was in the back seat, police said. The boy has a serious medical condition, police said.
The vehicle later was found disabled near 32nd and Van Buren streets in Phoenix with the 10-year-old safe inside, police said.
Avondale... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 19:04 Trump steering clear of messy House immigration fight
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct