King of court Roger Federer is a prince off it
Read Filip Bondy's The Daily Blahg
He embarrasses opponents on the court, destroys their hope and all sense of possibility. He grinds their games into particles of dust, on grass or hardcourt. He strides the grounds as the undisputed champion, the untouchable genius.
And yet, it is impossible to find anybody yesterday at the U.S. Open to utter a bad word about Roger Federer, the sweet soul with the sadistic forehand. No resentment. No petty jealousy over some personal slight, real or imagined.
The big guys. The little guys. They all love him.
"A gentleman," says Pete Pistone, the... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein