Kluber can't seal sweep for Indians in Game 4 of ALCS
TORONTO — Corey Kluber's first career start on short rest hardly went the way he wanted.
Looking to finish off a Cleveland sweep in the AL Championship Series, the ace right-hander got touched up by the Toronto Blue Jays during a 5-1 defeat Tuesday in Game 4.
Kluber was pushed up to pitch on three days' rest because of several injuries to Cleveland's rotation. He took the loss after allowing two runs and four hits while throwing 89 pitches in five innings.
"I felt fine," Kluber said. "I don't think (the short rest) physically affected me."
It was the first time the 2014... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...