Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out. Now he's suspended.
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Tommie Smith and John Carlos made history in October 1968 with their iconic bowed heads and raised fists during the national anthem. Video provided by Newsy
INDIANAPOLIS - Jim Saddler is sorry. That's the first thing he wants you to know. Not sorry for being angry - he's still pretty angry - but for the way he handled his anger when he saw a volleyball player kneeling during the national anthem. As an Indiana High School Athletic Association licensed official who has been officiating games in Indiana for more than two decades, he knows he has an... read more
- 10:23 Scottsdale UFO conference: 'We're not alone in the universe'
- 10:23 Scottsdale man fatally shot in his driveway after checking noise,...
- 10:23 Luxury homes: $3.1M Paradise Valley mansion has wine cellar, theater
- 10:23 Cities battle at Arizona Capitol for right to regulate home-based...
- 10:23 Lawmaker: Lack of regulation for Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- 10:22 New poll: Abbott, Patrick far ahead on GOP primary race
- 10:01 Bracketology: March Madness NCAA Tournament projections for ASU,...
- 09:55 The Latest: Trump supports improving gun background checks
- 09:24 Winter Olympics: Sam McGuffie seems to have his athletic future...
- 09:11 Kwok: Chandler Hamilton hazing scandal is a lose-lose for all