Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out. Now he's suspended.
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Tommie Smith and John Carlos made history in October 1968 with their iconic bowed heads and raised fists during the national anthem. Video provided by Newsy
INDIANAPOLIS - Jim Saddler is sorry. That's the first thing he wants you to know. Not sorry for being angry - he's still pretty angry - but for the way he handled his anger when he saw a volleyball player kneeling during the national anthem. As an Indiana High School Athletic Association licensed official who has been officiating games in Indiana for more than two decades, he knows he has an... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight