Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out. Now he's suspended.
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Tommie Smith and John Carlos made history in October 1968 with their iconic bowed heads and raised fists during the national anthem. Video provided by Newsy
INDIANAPOLIS - Jim Saddler is sorry. That's the first thing he wants you to know. Not sorry for being angry - he's still pretty angry - but for the way he handled his anger when he saw a volleyball player kneeling during the national anthem. As an Indiana High School Athletic Association licensed official who has been officiating games in Indiana for more than two decades, he knows he has an... read more
- 09:47 The Latest: Trump salutes military progress
- 08:41 Cool Home: Scottsdale interior decorator lets her whimsy run wild
- 08:39 5 iconic Phoenix holiday events
- 08:39 Building a different kind of wall on the border to revive a dying land
- 07:19 Trump presents his report card, passes with flying colors
- 00:26 Auto show zooms into Phoenix with latest tech twists
- 00:12 'The State of Aging': Latinos keep aging relatives out of nursing...
- 23:55 Devin Booker his unreal shot at buzzer to send Suns into OT against...
- 23:54 Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 2: 3 things we learned
- 22:39 Arizona Lottery game glitch produces duplicated results again