Knob Hill Fire in Cochise County trigger evacuations, blaze grows to 2,000 acres
About 20 residents were evacuated in Cochise County amid the Knob Hill Fire that has engulfed about 2,000 acres and started Saturday on the western side of the Dragoon Mountains, the Cochise County Sheriff's Office said.
The fire, in the peaks south of Tucson and just north of Tombstone, started on private lands just after 4 p.m. Saturday.
Residents took to social media to post images and video of the swiftly spreading fire.
The fire is under investigation, according to an update on the Forest InciWeb site.
The Cochise County Sheriff's Office issued evacuation notices to the Dragoon... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case