Korea expert Cha no longer considered for US envoy to Seoul
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. ambassadorship to South Korea is set to stay open a while longer after the Trump administration dropped from consideration a prominent Washington-based academic who had been tapped for the job. The high-profile position has remained vacant for the past year as tensions with nuclear-armed North Korea have soared.
U.S. officials confirmed the withdrawal of Victor Cha, but did not spell out the reasons for it and who might be in the running to take his place.
The Washington Post reported Tuesday that Cha had privately expressed disagreement in late December with the... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez