Kosovo environmentalists protest heavy pollution levels
PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Environmentalists have staged a protest in Kosovo's capital Pristina asking the government to fight extremely high pollution.
Hundreds of people took part in Wednesday's protest, blaming the government and the local authorities for allowing hazardous levels of fine particulate matter, an air pollutant.
An air quality monitor installed in the United States embassy in Pristina measured pollution in the capital's air as "very unhealthy."
Pristina has severe air pollution problems due to the outdated power plants using coal, smoke from wood-burning stoves and... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve