Kosovo environmentalists protest heavy pollution levels
PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Environmentalists have staged a protest in Kosovo's capital Pristina asking the government to fight extremely high pollution.
Hundreds of people took part in Wednesday's protest, blaming the government and the local authorities for allowing hazardous levels of fine particulate matter, an air pollutant.
An air quality monitor installed in the United States embassy in Pristina measured pollution in the capital's air as "very unhealthy."
Pristina has severe air pollution problems due to the outdated power plants using coal, smoke from wood-burning stoves and... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health