Kwok: Save the Chinese Cultural Center? Shouldn't it be one first?
As eleventh-hour campaigns go, the effort to save the Chinese Cultural Center in east Phoenix boasts a bit of vigor.
Supporters have retained high-powered attorneys and the help of a former mayor. It has gotten hundreds of people to rally at the center on successive weekends, circulated petitions that have drawn thousands of signatures and comments, and generated news coverage overseas.
On Tuesday, the pressure reaches the Phoenix City Council, which will weigh a request by the group
for a public hearing and action to preserve the structure.
If only there was more to fight for — and to... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...