Kwok: Save the Chinese Cultural Center? Shouldn't it be one first?
As eleventh-hour campaigns go, the effort to save the Chinese Cultural Center in east Phoenix boasts a bit of vigor.
Supporters have retained high-powered attorneys and the help of a former mayor. It has gotten hundreds of people to rally at the center on successive weekends, circulated petitions that have drawn thousands of signatures and comments, and generated news coverage overseas.
On Tuesday, the pressure reaches the Phoenix City Council, which will weigh a request by the group
for a public hearing and action to preserve the structure.
If only there was more to fight for — and to... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree