Kwok: Save the Chinese Cultural Center? Shouldn't it be one first?
As eleventh-hour campaigns go, the effort to save the Chinese Cultural Center in east Phoenix boasts a bit of vigor.
Supporters have retained high-powered attorneys and the help of a former mayor. It has gotten hundreds of people to rally at the center on successive weekends, circulated petitions that have drawn thousands of signatures and comments, and generated news coverage overseas.
On Tuesday, the pressure reaches the Phoenix City Council, which will weigh a request by the group
for a public hearing and action to preserve the structure.
If only there was more to fight for — and to... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 19:04 Trump steering clear of messy House immigration fight
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct