Lack of depth a concern for Arizona Diamondbacks' rotation
With Zack Greinke and Robbie Ray at the top and no real weak spot beyond that, the Diamondbacks might reasonably believe their rotation has a chance to be the best in the National League. The only concern is what comes after them.
With last month's trade of left-hander Anthony Banda in the deal that landed them slugger Steven Souza Jr., the Diamondbacks depleted the depth beyond their top five starters. It had already appeared thin before that.
Of course, for most clubs, the idea of having a backlog of starting pitchers ready to step in should the need arise is more often hope than reality.... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates