Lance Berkman, Andy Pettitte lead Houston high school team in Horizon tourney
When Lance Berkman reached out to see if his Houston Second Baptist baseball team could play in the Scottsdale Horizon national tournament, it didn't take long for Huskies coach Eric Kibler to say 'yes'.
Berkman led the small private school to the 45A Texas state championship in his first season as head coach two year ago. Berkman's pitching coach is Andy Pettitte. Between them, they have 33 years of major league baseball playing experience, before both finished up their careers in 2013.
Pettitte had 256 career wins and 2,448 strikeouts, all but three of those seasons spent with the New... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions