Landmark restaurant Don & Charlie's could be razed for new Scottsdale hotel
Don & Charlie's, the beloved Chicago-style tavern in downtown Scottsdale, could be facing the wrecking ball.
The landmark restaurant, a local favorite operated by Don Carson for nearly four decades, would be demolished and replaced by a hotel under a plan expected to be filed with the city in March.
“I’ll be 74 and I still love what I do,” Carson told The Republic on Monday. “But I want to start planning for a future, and this opportunity presented itself.”
Carson has signed a letter of intent with an undisclosed local family office under contract to acquire and develop the property.... read more
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe