Landmark restaurant Don & Charlie's could be razed for new Scottsdale hotel
Don & Charlie's, the beloved Chicago-style tavern in downtown Scottsdale, could be facing the wrecking ball.
The landmark restaurant, a local favorite operated by Don Carson for nearly four decades, would be demolished and replaced by a hotel under a plan expected to be filed with the city in March.
“I’ll be 74 and I still love what I do,” Carson told The Republic on Monday. “But I want to start planning for a future, and this opportunity presented itself.”
Carson has signed a letter of intent with an undisclosed local family office under contract to acquire and develop the property.... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates