Las Vegas shooting victim prepares to go home: 'We will not let people like him win'
CLOSE Frank Calzadillas talks about his wife Jovanna Calzadillas (right) and her recovery at Barrow Neurological Institute. Calzadillas was shot in the head on Oct. 1, 2017, when a gunman opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest music festival in Las Vegas.
By all measures, it is a feat of science, faith and determination that Jovanna Calzadillas is alive.
The 30-year-old Queen Creek mother of two is among the roughly 550 people who were injured in the mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas on Oct. 1 that left 58 concertgoers dead.
Her injuries — a bullet in her brain — were... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...