Latina press officer Helen Aguirre Ferre leaves White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — Helen Aguirre Ferre, one of the most prominent Latinos serving in the White House, has left her job as director of media affairs.
White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters says Aguirre is taking up a new position as director for strategic communications and public affairs at the National Endowment for the Arts.
Aguirre had held the White House job since the beginning of the Trump administration after serving as the Republican National Committee's director of Hispanic communications.
During her tenure, the White House removed the Spanish-language content from its website, a... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'