Lawmakers look into how anonymous Pouncey complaint became public
A legislative committee will look into how an anonymous accusation against a candidate for state school superintendent became public while the state Board of Education was considering finalists for the job.
The committee, led by Sen. Gerald Dial, R-Lineville, met for the first time today.
Members of the state BOE received an unsigned complaint about Jefferson County Schools Superintendent Craig Pouncey in July, while Pouncey was a finalist for state superintendent.
The complaint alleged Pouncey got help from state employees in writing his dissertation when he was a top official at the state... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler