Lawmakers look into how anonymous Pouncey complaint became public
A legislative committee will look into how an anonymous accusation against a candidate for state school superintendent became public while the state Board of Education was considering finalists for the job.
The committee, led by Sen. Gerald Dial, R-Lineville, met for the first time today.
Members of the state BOE received an unsigned complaint about Jefferson County Schools Superintendent Craig Pouncey in July, while Pouncey was a finalist for state superintendent.
The complaint alleged Pouncey got help from state employees in writing his dissertation when he was a top official at the state... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...