Lawmakers weigh call for special panel to review ethics laws
BOSTON — State lawmakers are weighing a proposal by House Speaker Robert DeLeo to create a special panel to review ethical guidelines for public officials in Massachusetts.
A legislative committee held a public hearing Tuesday at the Statehouse on the Winthrop Democrat's resolution to create an 11-member Task Force on Integrity in State and Local Government.
If approved, the task force would review the state's conflict-of-interest and ethics rules, campaign finance disclosure laws and laws related to lobbyists. It would also look at the feasibility of extending state lobbying laws to cities... read more
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap