Lawmen searching for gunman after holdup at Trussville bank
Authorities are on the scene of an afternoon bank robbery in Trussville.
The holdup happened at 4:40 p.m. at First Commercial Bank on Chalkville Road. Authorities said a black male armed with handgun entered the bank and demanded money.
There were no injuries reported. The suspect is described as about 5-feet, 4-inches tall with a short haircut. He was wearing a black shirt over a white t-shirt, and shorts.
Trussville police, the FBI and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office are on the scene. The county's tracking dog is being brought to the scene.
This story will be updated as more... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...