Lawsuit: Arizona officials showed 'deliberate indifference' as Orlando Bradford beat girlfriends
In May 2016, a concerned parent called the University of Arizona's Dean of Students Office to report that Wildcats running back Orlando Bradford was physically abusing her daughter.
The mother said that she feared for her daughter's safety, but that the young woman was too afraid to speak to the school.
Less than a month after the phone call to the dean's office, Bradford pushed the young woman into a wall and strangled her. When she tried to escape, he grabbed and scratched her, bruising her ribs in the process.
The woman endured several more months of abuse, with Bradford regularly... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health