Lawyer wants statements suppressed in slain boy assault case
WORCESTER, Mass. — The lawyer for a Massachusetts man charged with assaulting a 5-year-old boy whose body was discovered in a suitcase off a highway is asking a judge to suppress evidence in his client's case.
Jeremiah Oliver was last seen alive in September 2013, but wasn't reported missing until December 2013. His remains were found off Interstate 190 in Sterling in April 2014. No one has been charged in his death.
Alberto Sierra and the boy's mother are awaiting trial on assault and reckless endangerment charges related to the alleged abuse of Jeremiah and his siblings.
Sierra's lawyer... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes